தென்றல் (Thendral)

Thursday, January 23, 2014

சாதி


படித்து முடித்து பெரிய கம்பனிக்கு போய்விட்டால் சாதி போய்விடுமா? பகிர்கிறார் ஒரு தோழர்.
#579 " I would like to confirm that caste discrimination is still there even at the highest level and all the corporates, directly or indirectly. I am a guy from a Scheduled Caste. My parents are working in a very good position and when I first understood the quota based system from my dad during my 10th grade, I told him very clearly that I dont want to enjoy all the previlages since we are already in a good status from the society point of view. I worked very hard at my studies and I contested for all the entrance exams and technical schools in Open category abandoning my caste certificate. I had good aggregates and I had the previlage to study in one of the Top Tech schools. Things didnt stop there. My last name shows off easily that I belong to a Scheduled caste. From the professors(couple of them) to college mates, I was bullied atleast once. After a brief amount of struggle, I completed my grad and got placed in one of the big consulting firm. The discrimination didnt stop there too. The manager there asked me if I belong to SC. I asked him "What difference does it make". He was scared that I will take it to HR and he told me that he just wanted to know and asked me not to tell anyone. I moved on. Its been 3 years now since I joined CTS and now the horror stated showing up again in the form of marriage. My team mates who were very friendly asked me about my idea of marriage and I told them its my parents choice. They were so eager to know what caste I belong to so that they can do a search for me. The moment I said I belong to SC they gave an "oh" and looked at me like some kind of shit. They stopped talking to me gradually and now I can hear them back biting "Now we know how he got into IIT". One guy even went to an extent and told me straight to my face that I should get married to a fair girl from other caste so that the babies can be beautiful. I just told him to go mind his own business. These days I go for lunch alone and no matter I fight hard to come out of the discrimination, It chases me everywhere. I look very soft and harmless and maybe that provokes people to talk and say anything they want to my face. Gone are those days and I dont know how long I can hold this peace within me. There will be a day sooner or later I will grab a knife and stab right into the mouth when they discriminate me again."

No comments:

Post a Comment

ThirukKuRaL